I already have several lab power supplies, all of them made by myself. The latest (shown here in action) was almost perfect - two channels, 1.2 - 30V/3A - but there wasn't current limiting. That's why I was searching for suitable schematic to build. What I found is this schematic: http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/001/index.html.
It has adjustable output voltage from 0 to 30V and adjustable max output current from few miliamperes to 3 amperes.
As it turns out there are serious flaws in it, but in the forum in that site it was thoroughly discussed and the member audioguru proposed an improved schematic, in which all flaws were addressed. I used his schematic to build my new power supply.